Water Review Board

Cleveland Water works hard to deliver accurate and timely bills to customers. Our customer service team is available in person or via phone to answer any question you may have regarding your bill. From time to time, we understand that after working with our customer service team, you may still wish to dispute your bill. 

The Water Review Board may be available to you if you meet certain eligibility criteria. These criteria include:

  • The property must be a residential property AND you must be the property owner OR a resident with an approved Cleveland Water Tenant Deposit Agreement.  Multi-family dwellings with four (4) units or less are eligible for Water Review Board. Multi-family dwellings with more than four (4) units are considered commercial and are not eligible.
  • If you are a tenant, you will need to submit proof of residency for the disputed period (such as an electric, gas, or cable bill) with your written or faxed request.
  • You must have received a shut-off/termination notice. This notice is sent via U.S. Postal Service. To view an example of what a shut-off/termination notice looks like, click here.

To request a hearing, please send a written letter or complete and sign a Water Review Board Hearing Request Form.

The request must be:

  • Completed by the person who is financially responsible for the bill; and
  • Sent to Cleveland Water within ten (10) days of receipt of the shut-off/termination notice.

Please submit completed forms and proof of residency in one of the following convenient ways:

In Person
Visit our main office located at 1201 Lakeside Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please have proof of residency in hand to make the request. A Water Review Board Hearing Request Form can be provided for you to complete in our Customer Service Center.

By Fax
Fax the Water Review Board Hearing Request Form or letter and proof of residency to the Water Review Board Fax Line at 216-664-4007.

By Mail
Mail a completed Water Review Board Hearing Request Form or letter with proof of residency to:
Water Review Board
1201 Lakeside Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44114